Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(LC) Full Moons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: (LC) Full Moons Reply with quote

I'm doing up some calendars for Deadlands, and I was wondering when Full Moons (and New Moons as well) occur on Banshee. I recall the question being asked before, but my search-fu is weak.
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the one who asked the question, particularly with regard to the fact that Banshee has multiple moons! While I can't find the old thread either, it contained some dandy sites for lunar cycles, as well as calenders that ran on a different cycle with a non-24-hour day. If those who provided them before could do so again, it would be appreciated. Never did answer the question of what the cycles were supposed to be though. Very useful sites nonetheless.
R2Q2
Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edivdrone wrote:
I was the one who asked the question, particularly with regard to the fact that Banshee has multiple moons!

I’ve read the discussions about the moons of Banshee. I only remember that there are a few people around that think Banshee has two moons. That is wrong.

Banshee has only one moon (see LC page 11 under section Bases. Quote: “Some were based off-planet in space stations and a few were even stationed at a place called Moonbase Tranquility on Banshee’s only moon”).

The so often called second moon is the planet Chanoukara (see LC page 19 under section Chanoukara. Quote: “When it’s visible in the sky, it’s bright enough to be mistaken for a small moon.”). The planet is visible three months out of the year.

I don’t know if there is ever mentioned something about Banshee’s moon cycle. And without that it is impossible to make a correct moon cycle, since it depends on the relative position of Banshee, its moon and the sun (and there are many other factors).
If I am right there is nothing mentioned about the moon cycle on Banshee, and for me it isn’t really important.
But if it is important for you and your players just use the Earth moon cycle or roll a die at the beginning of each adventure (there were moon dies for the old White Wolf werwolf game).
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are moon cycles for Earth in one of the Epitaphs, forget which one off of the top of my head. I think #2. I also can't seem to find anything that links a given date and time to an Earth date and time to allow for even a rough match up for the timelines of the two worlds. If anyone can find something on this, it would be appreciated.
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm familiar with the Epitaph cycles. That's actually where I got the idea.

I spend about a day (and a horrifying Excel matrix) calculating the line up of dates. Basically, each month is either 30.8 or 31.8 Earth days long (I think Feb was 29). I calculated up all of the dates from the initial discovery of Banshee in the 2040's. I assume that a Star Wars-like calendar would have been established (a dating system relative to the opening of the Tunnel). I also assume that the initial explorers would have aligned the weekly calendar to that of Earth. IIRC, I figured out that each calendar year starts on Friday.

It all makes no sense until you see the calendar itself. If anyone is interested, I can post a link to my calendar.
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested if noone else is. How many hours did cram in that day by the way?
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent about 4 hours trying to figure it out. That does include the prep work, which was originally for a HoE calendar (my friend gave me the idea).

Send me a PM with your e-mail address, and I'll send it to you when I get my computer set up again (I just moved cities, and I'm couch surfing ATM).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: