Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[HoE:R] Templar Power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caul
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: [HoE:R] Templar Power Reply with quote

I just can't wait for Hell on Earth: Reloaded to start my own game, but one of my players wants to be a Templar (not that I blame him, great characters). I can see how to work the rest of the ABs using SWEX, but I'm not sure about Templars...thoughts? Suggestions?
I'm a zombie me...
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take a stab at Templars being similar to Blessed. I hope that they still have access to "chip" powers (the Blessings). My one group has a lot of trouble getting its head arounf DLR. The AB's are just so watered down... If you disagree, I refer you to the Junker in the demo adventure. Nothing like Junkers at all.

I'm eagerly awaiting HoER though. For things like new groups or online plat, SW plays a lot better. And whatever I don't like in HoER I can always house rule to breing back some of that original feel.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well keep in mind that that was a quick and dirty conversion for a one shot.
TommyBrownell
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScooterinAB wrote:
I'd take a stab at Templars being similar to Blessed. I hope that they still have access to "chip" powers (the Blessings). My one group has a lot of trouble getting its head arounf DLR. The AB's are just so watered down... If you disagree, I refer you to the Junker in the demo adventure. Nothing like Junkers at all.

I'm eagerly awaiting HoER though. For things like new groups or online plat, SW plays a lot better. And whatever I don't like in HoER I can always house rule to breing back some of that original feel.

I kinda agree with ya...I like much of what's in Deadlands Reloaded, but there were some things "watered-down" that I didn't think needed to be "watered-down"...and so I will go back and houserule those things back in: Things like Divine Interventions, the expanded Knack effects, chuals, Mysterious Pasts, etc...I just loved some of the extra little coolness that got taken out...but I have all the Classic stuff, so I can slap it back in myself if I've gotta...and I'll do the same with Hell on Earth Reloaded when it gets released.

I'll probably never go BACK to classic, though...because I don't miss Wind, colored paperclips on a bunch of hit locations, ten ability scores, separate shooting skills for a bunch of gun types, trading chips in for Bounty Points (this KILLED me when I was a player, because I had the WORST luck in-game)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: