Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home-brew Setting and Edges: Licorice Express

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashpoint72
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Home-brew Setting and Edges: Licorice Express Reply with quote

I started a home setting called "Licorice Express". The players are vigilantes in a streetcrime-riddled city. Strangely, people with "superpowers" do exist (people with any Arcane Background), but they are scarce and never stay around for very long Confused . So, it is up to the vigilantes (players) to try and solve the crimes, and maybe explain why there are so many crimes Idea .

The setting uses the rules of Unarmed Defender and the [NE] rule of Recurring Roles. As a general rule, any gear that uses super science is unavailable. The vigilante can have some equipment that can replicate any power from [NE], but it must have some scientific logic behind it. For example, an armor made of metal plates and circuitry is acceptable, but a force field generator is not.

I also developed an action deck, and came out with some Edges.

Background Edge:

Jumper
Requirement: Novice, Strength d8+, Agility d8+
The character gains 1" of distance while jumping.

Combat Edge:

Armed and Dangerous!
Requirement: Novice, Fighting d8+
The character's training made her a very efficient fighter in unarmed combat. Thus, the Unarmed Defender rule does not apply to her.

Hard Puncher
Requirement: Seasoned, Strength d10+
The character gets a +1 to damage on his unarmed attacks.

Floor Wiping
Requirement: Seasoned, Fighting d10+
The character may grapple a foe at -2 to his roll and throw it on another target of his choice using a Throwing roll. The attack range is 1/2/4, and the damage is Str+1d4 to both characters (thrown and target, roll separately). After a successful Throwing, both characters (thrown and target) are prone. If unsuccessful, only the thrown character get damage at Str+1d4 and ends prone.

Improved Floor Wiping
Requirement: Veteran, Floor Wiping
The character may grapple a foe and throw it on another target of his choice using a Throwing roll. The attack range is 1/2/4, and the damage is Str+1d4 to both characters (thrown and target, roll separately). After a successful Throwing, both characters (thrown and target) are prone. If unsuccessful, only the thrown character get damage at Str+1d4 and ends prone.

Head Grazer
Requirement: Veteran, Marksman, Shooting d8+
The character is so precise that he can graze the head (-4 to hit) of its target to knock it out. Therefore, he can treat the damage of the attack as nonlethal.

Pin
Requirement: Seasoned, Shooting d8+ or Throwing d8+
The character may shoot at a target adjacent to a wall or heavy object and pin its clothing. The attack must be a piercing attack, using knives, arrows, quarrels, etc. The pinned target may free itself by making a successful Strength roll, or by removing the piece of clothing if possible. Further pinning may be made, subtracting -1 to the target's Strength roll to free itself. A pinned character may not move, but may attack at -2 to its rolls.

Equipment Edge:

Vigilante Equipment Points
Requirement: Novice
Your character gained somehow equipment which she uses as a power. The character receives only 5 power points to buy superpowers (from [NE]). If the vigilante ever loses her equipment, she may replace it after a succesful Smarts roll (-4) or relevant skill (Unmodified roll). She may only perform this roll once per week after visiting her lair, connection, or whatever place she got her equipment from first.

Professionnal Edge:

Night Crusader
Requirement: Seasoned, Smarts d6+, Spirit d8+, Vigor d10+
The character has developed a knack of living in the night. She receives +1 to rolls affected by Dim or Dark lighting conditions. She needs to sleep only three hours to be fully rested.
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Home-brew Setting and Edges: Licorice Express Reply with quote

Flashpoint72 wrote:
Vigilante Equipment Points
Requirement: Novice
Your character gained somehow equipment which she uses as a power. The character receives only 5 power points to buy superpowers (from [NE]). If the vigilante ever loses her equipment, she may replace it after a succesful Smarts roll (-4) or relevant skill (Unmodified roll). She may only perform this roll once per week after visiting her lair, connection, or whatever place she got her equipment from first.

I assume that the point costs would be straight and not get a Device discount (much like the NE Invent power). Seeing as how it appears to be a modified form of the Power Points Edge, could it be purchased multiple times?
Flashpoint72
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Home-brew Setting and Edges: Licorice Express Reply with quote

[quote="Sitting Duck"] I assume that the point costs would be straight and not get a Device discount (much like the NE Invent power). Seeing as how it appears to be a modified form of the Power Points Edge, could it be purchased multiple times?[/quote]

No, the discount does count if applicable. And yes, it can be purchased multiple time. Then again, the power bought must have some scientific rationale which can explain it. If you want to get something more extraordinary, find somebody who has the Arcane Background Weird Science (Oh wait! They are scarce aren't they? Why?) Cool
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Home-brew Setting and Edges: Licorice Express Reply with quote

Flashpoint72 wrote:
Sitting Duck wrote:
I assume that the point costs would be straight and not get a Device discount (much like the NE Invent power). Seeing as how it appears to be a modified form of the Power Points Edge, could it be purchased multiple times?

No, the discount does count if applicable. And yes, it can be purchased multiple time. Then again, the power bought must have some scientific rationale which can explain it. If you want to get something more extraordinary, find somebody who has the Arcane Background Weird Science (Oh wait! They are scarce aren't they? Why?) Cool

Seeing as how the powers gained through this Edge would always be devices, it seems that it would be simpler just to purchase the powers at base cost.

Going through the power list in NE, the following would probably fit best: Aquatic, Armor, Attack (Melee), Attack (Ranged), Broadcast, Darkvision, Ensnare, Explode, Interface, Lair, Malfunction, Paralysis, Stun, Swinging, Vehicle, and Wall Walker.
Lord Lance
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x Flashpoint: I suggest to revise some of your edges, after reading the free Modern Martial Arts Revised supplement by Clint. You can find it easily online, with some google skill! Wink Wink
Flashpoint72
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Lord Lance"]x Flashpoint: I suggest to revise some of your edges, after reading the free Modern Martial Arts Revised supplement by Clint. You can find it easily online, with some google skill! Wink Wink[/quote]

Thanks!
razorwise
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link to MMA.

http://realityblurs.com/wordpress/?page_id=981

Enjoy!

Sean
The Blur is Now on G+
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: