Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[HoE] Burst Fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SniperJuice
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: [HoE] Burst Fire Reply with quote

This might seem like a complete moron question however, while running a campaign I had allowed a person to take the Dualist ability from City O' Sin. Without realising that Dualist stated Short Action, now when I went back to reading the the double tap rules it states that every double tap beyond the first imposes a -3 penality for the round (just like automatic fire).

The problem is when you go back to the main book it says the Burst fire imposes the penalty for the Action not for the Round. Quickly discovered that if it's not imposed as increasing the difficulty to hit the target by -3 that dual wielding tokrav machine pistols is pretty much a instant killer.

Onto the real question because I can't find the rules errata anymore.

Is the statement made in the Double tap rules on page 5 & 6 in the [HoE] The Wasted West Book a typo or is Burst Firing suppose to impose the penalty for the round?
Zombi Bobb
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these are both correct. Burst fire is the gun firing multiple shots the way it was made to do. You pull the trigger one time and several bullets fire. Each action is a new blast.

Double tapping is a single shot repeated. You pull the trigger two times quickly shooting two bullets.

Continually double tapping through a round increases the difficulty of aiming as your hands go through the actions. Firing in bursts through a round is similar to firing a gun with a larger kick. Yes, dual machine pistols are badness materialized.
SniperJuice
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the comment, but the real question here is if the imposed penalty is suppose to be for the round or the action.
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give me either a page number or a quote of the wording? I write policy part time at work, and the answer will be in the context of the statement.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubletaps and burst fire do not work in the exact same way.

Each doubletap after the first in the same round suffers a -2 penalty.

Burst fire penalties apply over an action.

www.peginc.com
SniperJuice
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I understand this statement however the Wasted West book came out after the Primary HoE Book. and states (the following is a qoute)

Every double-tap after the first in the same round suffers a -2 recoil penalty (just like when firing automatic weapons), up to a *blah blah blah* .. go buy the book for the rest.

for those of you that have the book it is Page 6 to page 7 or if you have the pdf file for some reason starts on page 7 and goes to page 8.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but I'm confused; did I not answer part of the question or was it simply a matter of my answer contradicting that part of the book?

If the latter, the statement from the Wasted West that says, "(just like when firing automatic weapons)" is not accurate. They are similar but different in the way I listed above. At least, that's the "official" answer for what it's worth.

www.peginc.com
SniperJuice
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I miss-read the earlier post and thought it was another song and dance not really answering the question but the key to this is to ignore the Parentheses statement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: