Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(NE) Increasing Power Levels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Holliday
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: (NE) Increasing Power Levels Reply with quote

Any recommedations on increasing the power levels of supers in Necessary Evil to the level of the Mutants and Masterminds type?
Tuesday
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Start by applying the Pulp rules from TAG's Daring Tales Of Adventure series - free Benny at the start of every combat, a Soak roll that absorbs all the incoming Wounds gives you your Benny back[1], a Wound heals automatically at the start of every new major scene.

After that... Hmm, actually, I think that's a pretty decent start.

[1]: This will make the brick with D12+12 soak almost impossible to hurt. I'm actually okay with that, for reasons that should seem fairly obvious.
Doc Holliday
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm referring to Superstrengthed character being able to lift a car in NE, but a 747 in M&M, for example. I know I could change the steps in NE from d12+1, d12+2 to d12+10, d12+20, but I would imagine that would make Superstrengthed characters overpowerful in comparsion to others.
Renny
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealtony has proposed some four colour mods to NE which can be found here - http://swpccc.blogspot.com/2006/07/four-color-power-guide.html

He has proposed a slightly different strength progression which gets nearer to M&M levels.

Currently 99% Savage and proud !
gatharion
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I wouldn't.

I'm really enjoying Savage Worlds (with NE) for low-mid level heroes, but don't think that it really scales to high (i.e. Superman) level well.

I'm just as happy with that though as I don't really see the appeal of those sorts of characters.
To face their fate, their terrifying hour.
-The Sandman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: