Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[12 to Midnight] 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: [12 to Midnight] 2009 Reply with quote

This is just the beginning.

Enroll today at East Texas University.
bloodshadows
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news!!
Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news indeed!

Will we see a printed ETU book in 2009???
Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got at least 4 print books slated for 2009, PLUS ETU (also in print). If it looks like ETU will hit too close to Thanksgiving/Christmas we may hold it back until 2010, but we're still playing that one by ear for now.

We've also got 2 new PDF adventures lined up, so you'll be seeing a LOT of 12 to Midnight next year.

So... what do YOU want to see in print from us?

Shinobi
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETU....... 2010....... say it ain't so!! Crying or Very sad
Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinobi wrote:
ETU....... 2010....... say it ain't so!! Crying or Very sad

I know, I know. We REALLY want this book out, too. It's going to have a much higher art requirement than anything else we've ever done, but if we can get it out by October then we definitely will!

Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prest0 wrote:
We've got at least 4 print books slated for 2009, PLUS ETU (also in print). If it looks like ETU will hit too close to Thanksgiving/Christmas we may hold it back until 2010, but we're still playing that one by ear for now.

Hmm.... we were hoping for something a bit sooner on ETU. Very Happy

We played it at Origins 2007 and have been dying to play it for over a year now. Any chance we'll see some spoilers and/or adventures for it before the book hits? Need an extra proof reader and/or someone to check stat blocks for you??? Cool
Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldfist wrote:
We played it at Origins 2007 and have been dying to play it for over a year now. Any chance we'll see some spoilers and/or adventures for it before the book hits? Need an extra proof reader and/or someone to check stat blocks for you??? Cool

You won't see "spoilers" per se since the plot point campaign is, like most of our adventures, something of a mystery. However, we've registered a domain name just to support ETU, so our plan is that sometime next year we'll launch that site with supplemental content like that "scantron" character sheet you saw at Origins, adventure seeds, maybe a podcast, and whatever else we have time for. After ETU hits the stores there will be room for fan contributions, too.

For a bunch of yahoos who all have day jobs and families, we've got a very agressive schedule for 2009. We're still finalizing the budget, but by early next month it'll pretty much be locked down. When that happens, I'll make an official post about our schedule for the entire year.

Skipper
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, for those of us out of the loop......what is ETU? I've gleened a little by searching around, but all the information is about perifery detail..... Anyone have a minute or two to enlighten the unwashed (or recently washed for that matter) masses?

Thanks in Advance,

Skipper
Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Skipper.

I'm sure one of the 12 To Midnight guys will give you some info but you can read about here: http://12tomidnight.com/tag/etu

In short, (from the blog)...

ETU stands for East Texas University, and Degrees of Horror takes wet-behind-the-ears freshmen and subjects them through four years of hauntings, conspiracy, monsters, the occult–all while maintaining a passing grade point average. For most students, college is about finding one’s identity. For your characters, it’s about growing into the role of heroes… or serving as another gruesome object lesson in failure for the next incoming class.

My first experience in Pinebox was the adventure Innana's Kiss and it was very fun. Since then I've played in Weekend Warriors, Fire in the Hole and Chickens in the Mist (twice). I played in the ETU intro adventure at Origins last year too.

ETU is basically the first plot point campaign set in 12tomidnight's Pinebox setting. Up until this book the setting has been pdf adventures, some odds and ends (like Midnight Tales & Fear Effects) and freebies on their website.

Read more about the setting itself here: http://12tomidnight.com/campaign-setting/

Hope that gets you started in the right direction!
Boulder
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I can't wait to spend my hard-earned money on some 12 to Midnight hardback goodness.
Our Shop!!!
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another way I've heard it described is that it's what the TV series Supernatural would be like if it took place at college rather than on the road.
mac40k
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought all the 12 to Midnight pdfs and while there is a blurb somewhere on their website about a suggested order to run them in, they are really individual adventures, so trying to make a campaign out of them isn't easy. I'm looking forward to ETU because it is designed with a long term campaign in mind. It might still be possible to work in some of the other adventures as well. This would be a great Halloween present if they can get it out by next October.
Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are all great descriptions of ETU!

In all honesty, it's mostly written with the exception of the plot points, which are my responsibility. Right now I'm still working on the ones for the Sophomore year. There are mysterious forces at work on campus, so I have to be careful that I'm weaving all the pieces together and planing the clues that will pay off the Senior year.a

You'll be able to drop in any of our standalone Pinebox adventures in your campaign along the way. I should clarify that some of the adventures Norm mentioned are in our "military horror" line outside of Pinebox. While one could certainly make they case that they are in the same world as Pinebox, they assume that the characters are in the armed services and the action takes place in combat zones. Specifically, those adventures are Weekend Warriors, Fire in the Hole, and Inanna's Kiss. However, Chickens in the Mist would be a great Pinebox/ETU adventure.

Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Preston.

I remember seeing a blurb on the order to run the Pinebox adventures somewhere... but now I can't find it. Can you post it here for us?

Thanks!
Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problemo!

http://12tomidnight.com/about-us/faqs/

Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This shouldn't come as a big shock to anyone at this point (especially if you've checked out the Midnight Charity Project), but we've officially announced our first print release coming out in 2009. We'll be announcing individual releases in our 2009 calendar at the rate of one a week.

SamVDW
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool to see success stories for independent press, such as this. It shows that something small can grow into something big with hard work and dedication.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: