Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harrowed, Dominion, and Control (minor harrowed spoilers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evangelos
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Harrowed, Dominion, and Control (minor harrowed spoilers) Reply with quote

I've seen several slightly different versions of exactly how dominion and control of the harrowed's body is supposed to work. So, I need to know if I have it straight:

1. When determining initial dominion the fast way, the mortal adds his/her Grit to the opposed rolls (Marshall's Handbook p.52).

2. For regular dominion checks, each side uses only Spirit + current dominion, with no Grit bonus.

3. The mortal has control of the body by default, so long as he/she has at least one point of dominion (though low dominion makes it easier for the manitou to grab temporary control, and makes it easier to lose further dominion). If all points of dominion are lost, the manitou takes control for a long time.

4. In order for the manitou to take control, it has to make a Spirit roll at a TN of 5 + mortal's dominion. This requires the marshal to spend a fate chip specifically for this purpose, with no other benefit.

Is this correct?
Lord Ben
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, you got it right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: