Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Psionic Rules in SciFi World Builder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PencilBoy99
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Psionic Rules in SciFi World Builder Reply with quote

What Psionic Rules are in the SciFi World Builder? I'm looking for the kind of overpumped "Scanners"/"Firestarter" kind of thing.
skylion
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much recommend the Toolkits. If you want to build any campaign, the information inside them is priceless.

Having said that, the Scifi toolkit you refer to is going to be valuable, but you could do it with the normal core rules. You could make Setting Rules. Something like: All psis have the Rapid Recharge Edge for Free, or that they start with more Power Points. At least that is what I think of when you say "overpumped"

Where the toolkit is going to come in is more Powers, tables for longer ranges, and such.

Also Wigs has grouped Powers into some nifty categories, and that helped me shape my rules for Psychics in my Torchwood homebrew game.
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you have any interest in picking up Slipstream it has expanded psionics edges & powers that may be helpful.
PencilBoy99
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Psionic Rules in SciFi World Builder Reply with quote

furashgf wrote:
What Psionic Rules are in the SciFi World Builder? I'm looking for the kind of overpumped "Scanners"/"Firestarter" kind of thing.

One thing in there that might help is a version of Psionics where the different kinds are delineated into effectively separate ABs. There are examples of Biokinesis, Pyrokinesis, and Telepathy. Where each has certain powers available to it, starting powers, and PPs based on what it provides.

And to do an "overpumped" kind of thing, they could just have access to Soul Drain renamed "Psi Burn" or something (take out the Kn: Arcana requirement).

www.peginc.com
PencilBoy99
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool idea!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: