Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Arbor Productions] Congratulations, Mike Dukes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arbor_Productions
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: [Arbor Productions] Congratulations, Mike Dukes Reply with quote

All of us here at Arbor Productions would like to congratulate Mike Dukes in being named the new Vice President: Creative Director by a unanimous vote.

Mike has shown exemplary work ethic in his time with Arbor Productions, helping to create not only our first three flagship settings set for release in 2009, but also in creating new and interactive marketing methods.

As a Vice President, Mike Dukes now has a vote and voice in all company investments and projects.

Congratulations, Mike!
jscifert
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Mike! Well deserved and now the REAL work begins Smile
Arbor_Productions
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, he has underestimated the power of the Dark Side of the Force.

But everything is still proceeding as I have foreseen. Twisted Evil
bloodshadows
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jscifert wrote:
Congratulations, Mike! Well deserved and now the REAL work begins Smile

Thanks!

It's definitely been a whirlwind year for me.

Huh. Guess I did underestimate the power of the Dark Side...

Wink
Arbor_Productions
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you went from winning a 2007 contest for a year of free product, to then being hired to help create product, to now helping run the company.

Still, truly talented, good people are hard to find. We're all glad to have you be such a significant part of Arbor Productions.

*tips hat*
Dont Die
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Mike!
Charles Phipps
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*HIGH FIVE!*

Mr. Green
bloodshadows
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Very Happy

This is a dream-come-true for me and I couldn't be happier.

I don't plan to disappoint, either. I've got some very fun and interesting plans for our game lines starting in 2009.

Fun times are ahead!
Armos Black
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATS Mike. It is great to see a fellow Hoosier in such a position. I can't remember another.
Arbor_Productions
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savage Worlds, itself, has been a real boon to us just in rebuilding the company after I gained complete control of it in the first half of 2008.

I originally came from the D20 market, where it's cut-throat enough to make my time in Hollywood seem like basic training. I hated it enough that I contemplated leaving RPGs as a publisher. Don't get wrong . . . competition doesn't scare me. I'm of the school of business that while I want Arbor Productions to be the top, I believe that can't be accomplished with any kind of quality without good, solid companies to compete against.

In my opinion, the Savage market offers that in plenty.

Not only that, licensees over here are more friendly toward each other than in D20. That was something I had to adjust to when I first came over, and had to lose the dog-eat-dog vocal mentality I had from before. Sure, we all want the fans to spend their budget on our products, and we all work toward that as businessmen, but the publishers over here act more like gamers as well, which I feel is vital to creating quality RPGs. After all, we are gamers. That came before the Designer title.

Pinnacle gives great acknowledgement and support to their licensees. Again, something lacking over there unless you were one of the clique that kissed the rears of WoTC or Green Ronin.

Mike Dukes, despite the contest he won from us at GenCon 2007, got into the contest while in line for the Solomon Kane book. Then, we started talking Savage Worlds shop at the forums in PMs.

The editor I hired, who was a Dawn of Legends playtester and started by editing the playtest manuscript for free, is phenominal. I wish I could find more editors like him. Again, a regular here at the Savage boards.

I know at least one Hardboiled artist is a poster here as well. And he did some great work.

So, Savage Worlds has been a terrific experience so far.

I guess Anna Lunsford was right. Back in 2007 she called a meeting and said, flat-out, we were in the wrong license and needed to be in Savage Worlds. Not only did she like the way Pinnacle handled it, she was impressed with the fans and the way they treated publishers that weren't Pinnacle Entertainment.

So, *tips hat to everyone else as well*.

Here's to a great 2009!
Dont Die
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Lee. I was a fan of Savage Worlds for a few years and only recently joined the forums. The Pinnacle crew, the licensees and the fans here are just one fine community.
Jackson
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike is awesome and very talented. his work on etu has been invaluable and he will be a great boon to arbor.
ed wetterman
12 to midnight

East Texas University....enroll for the Fall Semester Now!
bloodshadows
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson wrote:
mike is awesome and very talented. his work on etu has been invaluable and he will be a great boon to arbor.
ed wetterman
12 to midnight

Thanks Ed!

I think I can honestly say that I have my current position because of 12 to Midnight. Being so in love with their Pinebox, TX. setting, I talked my way into being a playtester, then a rules converter and finally into writing adventures. Getting to write tales for ETU was a tremendous honor and that experience allowed me to hit the ground running here at Arbor.

And just because I'm here at Arbor, that doesn't mean I won't be playing in the Pinebox sandbox anymore. The guys and I have been talking about a few ideas. Twisted Evil
Arbor_Productions
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we still allow Mike to do guest appearances. He can be booked for bar mitzvahs, birthday parties, bachelorette parties, and RPG writing. Mr. Green

We're estatic about having Mike as such a core part of the Arbor Productions executive management team. Mike is one of the most creative and innovative people I've signed (as 2009 will show), and is very protective of Arbor Productions, our image, fan relations, and Intellectual Properties.

Mike even dictates to me, and keeps me in-line.

Exactly the type of person any growing company needs.

If I had had Mike Dukes onboard back from 2005-2007, I wouldn't have had to force a buyout and restructuring in 2008.

Now . . . if only I can find a way to clone him. The Galaxy will be mine! Twisted Evil
Prest0
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming late to the game, but I just wanted to extend my congratulations as well. I'm really excited and proud for you, Mike. And yes, you're always welcome in Pinebox!

Thanks to all the East Texas University Kickstarter backers!
Arbor_Productions
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prest0 wrote:
I'm coming late to the game, but I just wanted to extend my congratulations as well. I'm really excited and proud for you, Mike. And yes, you're always welcome in Pinebox!

Heck, you ain't late yet. The party's still swinging.

We even have a celebrity or two going to appear before it's done this year. Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: