Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rippers Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadd4d
Legendary

Location: Charlottesville, VA...I miss Deutschland and Chicago.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Rippers Idea Reply with quote

The fact that I'm American notwithstanding, I'm a fan of German music. Has anyone come up with a Rippers adventure using the Rammstein video "Du Riechst so gut" (you smell so good). I've been racking my brain about this one, mostly because I feel it would be a really cool Rippers adventure, if only I could frame it.

Help please.

Don

"But there is a difference between fear and horror. An important difference.
Fear is when you worry about what might be.
Horror is when you are certain." Dannyboy01
Wendigo1870
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great clip!
Great song!
Great group!

Great ... now I want to come up with an adventure too, ... Razz

Well, just use the basics:
there's a costumed ball in a mansion/castle/... (somewhere in Germany?)
A supernatural werewolf(like) shapechanging creature catches the smell of a woman invited to the ball. (Or maybe she was a deliberate target of the Cabal, with the creature beinga special agent).
This creature infiltrates the ball. Coïncidentally the heroes might be invited too, and might notice something odd. Or maybe they were already tracking the beast - literally, through the woods, or by investigating information - and need to get inside uninvited.
The creature seduces the woman (if not stopped - and this won't happen if it wasn't noticed or the players can't find a way to stop it in a 'proper' way - no weaponry should yet be used). She becomes infected and stays in bed while the monster taunts and confuses the crowd with displaying himself - then flees in the form of several wolves.
The heroes can try to track the wolves and/or try to save the woman.

(Personally I'd have the players try to track the wolves, then have a showdown with the creature, in which they try to capture it and find an antidote for the infection. Maybe the cure is killing the 6 (?) different personalities that make up the shapeshanging werewolf, before the infection takes hold. On the other hand; the infected woman wants to become part of the creature (because of the infection). If left on her own, she automatically seeks and finds the creature - which is a great way for the heroes to track it! In the end, they must stop them from merging).

Creature stats: Werewolf (see Rippers), but it has X (6?) shapes. It can either split up in 6 different werewolves, or stay in one body (in which case, each 4 wounds kill a personality, but it doesn't suffer wound penalties until he's down to his last personality). Also, he has shapechange Wolf, if that might be useful, and a +4 persuasion on women.

I leave the specifics up to you.
Wendigo1870
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and any rippertech involved could be either that which you can take from ordinary werewolves, or special 'tracking senses'. Which give you +4 on tracking involving smell. Hindrances; multiple personality syndrome, ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: