Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DLR] Relic as a Memorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MountZionRyan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: [DLR] Relic as a Memorial Reply with quote

This is just a little something I thought I'd share.

One of the heroes in my DLR game was killed by werewolves. He was the heart and moral center of the party. A young preacher with a unfailing faith and selfless bearing, he would regularly risk exposure in combat to heal his friends or bless their weapons.

Another of the party, Joseph Firebrand, hung the preacher's hat and gun over the bar in his saloon as a memorial. Sadly the saloon was torched by Mitchell's Marauders, a gang of mayhem-loving bad guys. When he saw the building engulfed in flames Joseph dashed inside and rescued the hat and gun.

I decided that between the preacher's faith and sacrifice and Joseph's actions the relics of Joshua Shaw should have some mystical oomph.

The hat has a blue fate chip once per session that can be spent by the player wearing it. It can only be spent in a selfless act.

The rifle, named Esther by Joshua, grants the shooter the benefit of the Marskman edge (for Esther only) when used against agents of evil.
Targetlock
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice idea, links to your characters and aren't too powerful. also maybe the character could here the preacher's guiding voice as a guardian angel (or devil Twisted Evil )kind of figure Wink
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Just what Relics should be...one-of-a-kind and full of meaning. Every Relic should tell a story like that.

Now were it me, I'd say the torching of the saloon was a nasty, Fear-generating event. So the Relics do good things, but their power actually flows from the Reckoners and hides an unsavory taint. Maybe the user starts to exhibit the worst qualities of a frenzied, self-righteous faith over time. Slowly polluting a good man's memory is what evil is all about.

But then again...I'm sort of a bastard when I'm Marshal. Wink
MountZionRyan
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:

Now were it me, I'd say the torching of the saloon was a nasty, Fear-generating event.

Well, it was perpetrated by a gang led by a Harrowed.

Twisted Evil
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See? There you go. Very Happy

Let them have their wonderful little feel-good relics for a while, even if there's no taint. But at the very least, the local Fearmongers are going to take notice sooner or later. Then, viva Los Diablos! Twisted Evil

Anyhow, thanks for sharing Ryan. Great ideas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: