Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Difference between revised HB and Explorer's Edition?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devastation Bob
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Difference between revised HB and Explorer's Edition? Reply with quote

Was thinking about picking up this system having heard good things about the simplicity of play. My FLGS has the hardback version, but I see the Explorer's Edition is the newest, is there a significant difference between the two? Any help would be appreciated.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread lists some of the changes made in the Explorer's Edition. Note that if you get the second printing of SWEX (the current one available), the listed errata in that thread has been fixed.

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14694

www.peginc.com
Wendigo1870
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a player, GM and fan, I'd recommend you buy the most up-to-date version, which is the SW Explorers Edition. Not only is it cheaper, it's also handy to lug around. And all future products are probably based on the SWEX, as is most help, downloads and assistance you get from the SW sites and forums.

I have both, but I only use my SWEX now. The older settings based on the HB are played with up-to-date SWEX too instead of old HB. And they're planning to rerelease some older setting books, updated to SWEX.

Welcome to the Forum, and hopefully, to the SW community! Smile
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some other differences in the editions are that certain examples were removed. For instance, the basic rules for creating non-human races is in the book, but the examples were removed. Now, basic fantasy races can be downloaded for free as part of the Wizards & Warriors genre supplement on the website, so there is still a reference available if desired.

But as far as rules go, the Explorer's Edition is the most current version of the rules, and really at $10, it's an exceptional bargain.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: