Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harrowed and various poisons/diseases

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Ben
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Harrowed and various poisons/diseases Reply with quote

I assume they're immune to diseases and poisons but nothing specifically says anywhere.
oddtail
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does.

They're dead. You can't poison someone who is dead. Neither can they get sick. And it IS specifically said that the Manitou keeps the body from rotting and otherwise decomposing. And rotting is pretty much the only "disease" that a dead body needs to worry about.

Also, the Harrowed power, don't remember the name, that allows you to get people sick specifically explains that the Harrowed's body, even when using the power, is not actually "sick", it just carries the disease.

Of course, if a poison or sickness is supernatural, all bets are off. But even Black Magic spells like Contagion would not work on a Harrowed, unless they're specifically *designed* for "killing" dead dudes.
horrorman009
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most bloodborne pathogens will not work on harrowed simply because they don't really have blood in them any more. It's more like icker, like a black sap.
jamiemalk
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a less scientific and more thematic point of view, Poisons no, diseases no...
But i would alow anything that can be caught from a dead body be carried around and transmited by a harrowed, who would be totally unaware of the burden they were carrying...
Wendigo1870
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'd probably be more susceptible to 'new' problems which can be considered 'diseases' by the undead.
For example, flies laying eggs in them, larvae which then feed on necrotic flesh, ... other scavengers, attracted by the rotting walking meatsack, ...
Lord Ben
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the coup power of the snake cloud is to be immune to poisons...

That doesn't make sense if harrowed already are immune.
Wendigo1870
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Ben wrote:
That doesn't make sense if harrowed already are immune.
You're right, it doesn't make sense.
But so does the rest of the world Wink . Probably a game design slip-up.
In HoE anyone can count coup, not just Harrowed, so it would have it's uses there.
Lord Ben
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm just going to say that besides death poison works like normal. The Manitou keeps the body working but poison affects the muscles and stuff so maybe they'd still be affected. Not sure, but to decide they're just flat out immune takes a lot of interesting monsters off the table.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Harrowed and various poisons/diseases Reply with quote

Lord Ben wrote:
I assume they're immune to diseases and poisons but nothing specifically says anywhere.

Depends on what book you are looking at. It does specifically say in Reloaded that Harrowed are immune to normal poisons and diseases.

Not sure what book the snake cloud is in, but it could provide immunity to non-normal poisons as well.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: