Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for an adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arnon
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: looking for an adventure Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm about to finish the Freeport trilogy for my party (sadly, it was run on d20), and since our next DM is not yet prepared to re-start his Ptolus adventure, i've volunteered to run a short Savage World adventure.

At first I though of running Against the Orcs, but then I (and the other GM) thought that since we are already crossing to another platform, why not cross genre as well? ...This will be a first for most (if not all) of the party.

So, I'm searching for a nice short adventure that could be run between 3-4 sessions. I'm leaning towards Pulp (but it could also be a Western, but not Deadlands... that the domain of the other GM), and I'd rather it start with the players at Novice level so as not to pile too much on them (only 2 of us know SW, but never played).

Any recommendations? Smile
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: looking for an adventure Reply with quote

arnon wrote:

So, I'm searching for a nice short adventure that could be run between 3-4 sessions. I'm leaning towards Pulp (but it could also be a Western, but not Deadlands... that the domain of the other GM), and I'd rather it start with the players at Novice level so as not to pile too much on them (only 2 of us know SW, but never played).

Any recommendations? Smile

Well, Triple Ace Games has six pulp adventures out there. Daring Tales #1 contains two short tales, while the others contain a single, larger adventure. There are free pre-generated characters and free setting rules for them as well on the web site.

The adventures do begin at Seasoned, but it doesn't require any work to reduce them to Novice level. The Extras are all listed as "X per hero," so it's scalable to party size as well.

PEG has Eye of Kilquato for free, but everytime I've run it it's fitted neatly into one session. Guess that'll depend on the group playing it, though.
starwars1138
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second Wiggy's Daring Tales - I've not run it yet but a buddy has it and I've glossed over it and it really looks great. The pre-gen characters are a fantastic idea as well - since they are custom tailored to the adventure content and grow accordingly to fit along with the future adventures.

I've run against the Orcs and it was a good adventure but if you are looking to cross genres (esp Pulp) then either Eye of Kilquato (which to my knowledge has not been tweaked to fit with the new SW:EX rules) or TAG's Daring Tales are the way to go.
"Because I'm pretty?"
"Because you're pretty."
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starwars1138 wrote:
...if you are looking to cross genres (esp Pulp) then either Eye of Kilquato (which to my knowledge has not been tweaked to fit with the new SW:EX rules)...

Actually, it's been updated for a bit now. The adventure was updated as were the pre-gens, plus map tiles and figure flats were put up for it as well...

Spoilers wrote:
...including the awesome pirahna swarm templates; I love those!

Anyway, the Eye of Kilquato is pretty much ready to run out of the gate.

If it's not long enough, a GM could extend it pretty easily with the Eternal Nazi one sheet...

Spoilers again wrote:
...the Nazi commander snuck in and got at the journal in the shaman's belongings but got caught without getting the whole thing. That set off the fight between the Nazis and the natives that the PCs come upon. The commander leaves his second in command in charge of the fight and takes some men away because while he did not get the whole journal, he did rip out a page with the map to the destination.

Once the PCs finish the Eye of Kilquato, they can find the rest of the journal with a page ripped out. The map is obviously the page missing, but the text describes how to get to the same location in addition to describing the power of the fountain as something that "should never fall in evil hands." And there's the lead into the Eternal Nazi.

www.peginc.com
Sadric
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love teh TAG-adventure (the two I could afford) but I could also recommend Laughter of Death-a very good, free Rippers Adventure.
razorwise
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya!

I'd like to pipe in and suggest Iron Dynasty: Journey to Red Temple. It's a great introductory adventure for new GMs and it has six novice level pre-gens and can, depending upon your group, run 2-3 sessions. There are a lot of little side treks you can take, random encounters, and other such stuff. If you're into Oriental Fantasy, check it out.

Take care,

Sean
The Blur is Now on G+
arnon
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the suggestions. Smile

I still need to discuss this with the players, so we'll see which way they lean too...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: