Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

List of Powers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zero Mostel
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: List of Powers Reply with quote

I have found lists for Edges and Hindrances, but I would love to find a comprehensive listing of all the Powers in all the official Savage worlds gameworlds

Is there one?

#gunbattle
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beyond that, I am looking for powers with stats, etc., that can be copied and pasted... I want to assemble customized available documents for players in my group (one for my Huckster (with just Huckster powers), another for my Shaman and a third for my Mad Scientist).
Dave Blewer
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: List of Powers Reply with quote

Zero Mostel wrote:
I have found lists for Edges and Hindrances, but I would love to find a comprehensive listing of all the Powers in all the official Savage worlds gameworlds

Is there one?

There is a freebie of all the trappings for Sundered Skies over on our website. Admittedly it doesn't give you the spell mechanics, but it might help.

Smile

Sundered Skies, a Savage Worlds setting available NOW!
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: List of Powers Reply with quote

Ogma wrote:
Beyond that, I am looking for powers with stats, etc., that can be copied and pasted... I want to assemble customized available documents for players in my group (one for my Huckster (with just Huckster powers), another for my Shaman and a third for my Mad Scientist).

Then I'd say you'd have to get the PDF of the Player's Guide for Deadlands, which has a license to provide a copy to each player.

Anything else is pretty much copyright infringement.

Zero Mostel wrote:

Just be aware that not all powers are equivalent in all settings. As I mentioned elsewhere, Savage Worlds isn't a "universal" system; it's a more of a core system. Not everything designed for one setting (or even genre) is intended to be balanced in any other. Just doesn't work that way.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify; wouldn't want anyone thinking otherwise. Not saying it couldn't work, just that it should never be presumed as such innately.

www.peginc.com
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't copy-and-paste from PDFs, can you??? If I can't, I'm just looking at hand-typing these little hand-outs for my players, then. No biggie (I'm a wickedly fast typist), it's just yet another thing I'll need to do. Smile
Tuesday
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can't copy-and-paste from PDFs, can you?

Depends! If the PDF is an image, no. If it's text, then yes - just select the text copy tool at the top of your reader, highlight, and go.

And all the PDFs you buy from PEG should be properly made, with selectable text.

(Also: You could just print the affected pages from the PDF. No need to retype, just print *only* the required pages.)
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but see, my plan is to make the document for my Huckster look like pages out of an original Hoyles... The document for my Blessed to look like pages from a Hymnal... The document for my Mad Scientist to look like a technical manual, etc.

Somehow I will make this happen... Oh yes... I shall make it happen.
Tuesday
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an application of one HTML page and three .css files to me.

Your hearing may vary.
Zero Mostel
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:

Quote:
Just be aware that not all powers are equivalent in all settings. As I mentioned elsewhere, Savage Worlds isn't a "universal" system; it's a more of a core system. Not everything designed for one setting (or even genre) is intended to be balanced in any other. Just doesn't work that way.

And the light goes ON! OK now I have a clue!

So if I wanted to create a summon demon spell for a different game, I don't have to base it exactly on a summon elemental spell. As long as I keep the effect it creates in balance with the game, the power is ok.

Am I right?

#gunbattle
Squidfisher
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, just changing a few aspects of a power often makes it work as something else. 'Zombie', for instance, can be used to summon up some willing hellhound by changing the name to 'Fiend', having the evil minion become a creature from the blackest abyss, and swapping the zombie's undead trait for demon or immune to fire/cold or something.
Zero Mostel
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squidfisher wrote;

Quote:
Frankly, just changing a few aspects of a power often makes it work as something else. 'Zombie', for instance, can be used to summon up some willing hellhound by changing the name to 'Fiend', having the evil minion become a creature from the blackest abyss, and swapping the zombie's undead trait for demon or immune to fire/cold or something.

OOOO Zero Like! I need to look up the powers again and think them over. This can REALLY change a game was thinking of

#gunbattle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: