Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

brainstorm - silas and fort 51

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  

can silas take it
yes
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
no
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

shades of eternity
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: brainstorm - silas and fort 51 Reply with quote

I got this crazy idea of after the unity event of Silas taking over at least in part of the ruins of fort 51 in order to take advantage of the high rad environment and/or see if he can get the tech.

any ideas on how to make this happen.

also is their anywhere the full story of silas is somewhere?

Last edited by shades of eternity on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
MadDog
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: how... Reply with quote

I guess the first question is how is he going to get past the legion of undead-cybernetic-main battle tanks ?

I could see Raven doing it as he has access to the worms and presumably their tunnels into the fort.

Mad Dog
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between Children o' the Adam and City o' Sin, you get all there really is on the Mutant King. Sick, twisted and power hungry (pretty much what-you-see-is-what-you-get bad guy, not always a bad thing).

As for Fort 51, that is no small feat. Even a doomie with HASMAT on would get a bad case of the glows. That said if...

Spoiler:
After the near deplesion of the storm used to power the magical gate travel, I'm sure Silas would love to do it again. With the power of 5 uber-ghoststorms I think he could do it, possibly multiple times and/or smaller uses to implant/destroy/just mess with almost any place on earth (*evil grin* as I think of my game I'm starting and with this new found idea).

Aside from that I don't see him going in unless he knows something everyone else doesn't (like a safe way underground?).[/code]

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
shades of eternity
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler

well doesn't silas have those troops that are immune to pretty much all attacks save doomsayer magic?

while it may be keystone cops, it could be used to provide a target and/or map out the place which can be used for future attacks.
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my two cents:

Silas's little teleport trick also drained the life out of several of his adepts which made this quite a costly move for him. One I doubt he would be eager to use again even if he found a suitable powersource.
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right dragon, I forgot that was one of the reasons...

Spoiler
As for using the Doombringers? Silas only has what control they (i.e.: Damon: the Prince of Plagues) allows him. Doomsayer magic is their collective weakness, but when your dealing with monsters created in a ghoststorm, one could argue that those beasties loop-hole in the contract.

Though it reminds me of the time I put a Doombringer on my Posse's trail. He whipped their collective butts twice and they didn't have a doomie in the mix. Well the Doombringer was badly hurt, and cast Touch o' the Doomsayer on himself when I bollixed the roll. So I let the Posse off the hook ruling that it killed him.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
shades of eternity
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still

Spoiler:
With rad levels dropping at los vegas , having such a powerful source of radiation would be useful.
Edivdrone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can take it, in that he has the manpower. The only question is when he can take it, because he is dealing with a huge amount of discontent, verging on outright rebellion following the Unity adventure, and the meddling of a Librarian bringing to light the events in Armana (this is covered in Epitaph #4). I for see a large number of his followers deserting and going to Joan, possibly even another schism, unless he does something drastic.

The most I would see him doing with the power is shoring up the glow in Vegas, as in the adventure in the back of the City o' Sin book. Particularly if the players foiled his Evil Plan.
Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The place is protected by massive EMP protected warbots so I imagine it would not be an easy fight. Plus man power withers pretty quickly under the treads of tanks.
Lord Skudley
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I am a tad unsure WHO Silas is can someone enlighten me?
is he DLR, HOE or LC?
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silas Rasmussen is the King of Las Vegas and leader of the Cult of Doom in HoE.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: