Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WESTERN/CENTRAL NY GATHERING OF SAVAGES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Players Seeking Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you come to a Western/Central NY Gathering of Savages (Please DO NOT answer if you do not live in Western/Central NY)
YES!!
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
NO!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: WESTERN/CENTRAL NY GATHERING OF SAVAGES Reply with quote

Hello I'm Seeker of Truth. You may remember me from such posting as Solomon Kane in Rochester, NY and Rippers - Taking Back The Night in Rochester, NY. Sorry, couldn't resist the Troy McClure moment.

Anyways, after my overall lack of success at getting a Savage game going here in Rochester, NY, I started a bunch of games on rpol.net (best PBP site EVER). They're doing great, but my want, nay NEED for good old fashioned face to face roleplaying has yet to be sated. So I've come up with another idea.

I know there ARE Savages here in Rochester, and plenty in Buffalo. A member here, rudedd, who plays in my RunePunk game at rpol.net says he knows of a bunch in Binghamton and Syracuse.

I say we UNITE!

How about a regular Gathering of Savages for Western/Central NY? Getting together every other month, maybe every month, playing games, having fun, and enjoying the Savage company. If we find a decent central location, I'm sure we can keep travel time for everyone down, and have upwards 8-10 hours of gaming fun.

So, now the replies. How crazy am I?
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to come out to Rochester for a day. I used to make the trip semi-regularly for game store shopping anyway, so it's really no big deal.

Our local game store does have a fairly good-sized game room, but concentrates more on D&D, Warhammer, and Magic. I'm trying to get them good and Savaged, but it's a tough row to hoe.

Any Savage events happening at Running GAGG or SimCON?
rudedd
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having been to Con on the Cob, I think a local gathering of Savages here in NY is a great idea. Making it a regular even is even more appealing to me, that way I don't have to wait a year between events.

So count me in and I would be glad to help out getting this set up, just let me know. Maybe you should consider a yahoo group for those interested in helping pull this off (just a thought).
Keep it Savage Savage Jack
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link for the new yahoo group I set up. If you have any interest at all in this getting off the ground, PLEASE join and discuss. the first thing we need to figure out is a date to hold it and where it should be.

Right now, I'm thinking we hold it in April, and have it on a Saturday. One day keeps it cheap, as no hotel rooms are needed, and makes it easy to fit into people's schedules. As for location, rudedd is looking into the gaming club at Geneseo, as it shortens the driving distance for the Southern tier savages. If they get onboard, we may be able to hold the event at SUNY Geneseo, or a local store there.

Again, please join the yahoo group and discuss. I REALLY want to get this underway, but I need your help to make it happen.
rudedd
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow NY Savages,

I've made contact with the GAGG president and have opened a dialog on holding the event there in Geneseo. I have also invited him to pass the yahoo group on to the Savage Worlds players in GAGG. Hopefully one or more from there will join us there and on the forum here. I will keep you all posted on any further developments.

Keep it savage,
rudedd
vanessa blackthorn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.... you guys make me wish my hubby was still stationed in ft drum!!!!!

good luck getting your game together Smile

my comic of the week 1-7-08:
http://dlpony.smackjeeves.com/comics/
Count Zero
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd come out to Rochester for a day. Its only an hour away. Keep me posted.
Count Zero
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the name of the Yahoo group?
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/westnysavages/

That link goes right to it. As for status, we're still shopping for a location, and have yet to here back from the GAGG president about holding the Gatehring there. I'm gonna talk to Millennium Games here in Rochester, as I know they have the space, just need to see if they'll let us use it.
Count Zero
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millenium would be perfect and its only an hour away.
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason were looking into holding it at Geneseo was that it would a longer trip for anyone from Rochester and Buffalo, but shorter for Syracuse and Binghamton. Kind of getting the average trip time down. But if that doesn't work, I plan on speaking to the owner of Millennium next week to see about using the store.
rudedd
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a call into the Quality Inn in Geneseo. They have meeting space and their director of sales will be in tomorrow afternoon. I plan to call him and discuss the options there. I'll post what I find out.

Seeker, please talk to Millennium, it never hurts to know our options.
rudedd
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

Sorry for the long delay, I've been trading voicemails with the Quality Inn's director of sales for better than a week. After finally talking briefly to him about our needs, he had some figuring to do. Turns out their usual method of rental is $x per person for banquets, not by the room.

He had to figure out how much that was and call me back that afternoon. That was three days ago and he hasn't called or been in his office when I called since. #1icon_wall

I'm begining to believe doing this in Rochester at Millennium Games might be the easiest and quickest way to pin it down and move forward. I'll continue to pursue the Quality Inn and GAGG (which has gone silent, exams and break I'm sure), but if we can pin down another venue before either of these work out so much the better.

If someone else can think of a potential venue, please jump in . #1help I don't mind making calls, but I don't know enough about the Rochester area to know where to look.

Sometimes I wish life was as FFF as SW.... Smile
rudedd
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Venue Identified-- SUNY Geneseo Student Union Reply with quote

All,

Jerry, the president of the Geneseo Area Gaming Group (GAGG) emailed me today that GAGG would be happy to host the event there at the SUNY Student Union. He has players who would likely be interested, but we'd have to supply the GMs. He wanted to know what days are good for us so he could look into the Union schedule.

To that end I created a poll over on the yahoo group that reflects the dates that were first bandied about. Late March early April were the dates suggested. Feel free to suggest other dates via posts if you like. If there is enough support we can consider other dates.

Also for those who would consider running please post your interest (or better yet join the yahoo group). At this point it is an interest in running, not a commitment. This will help us scope the size of the room(s) needed at the union.

I want to thank Jerry over at GAGG for taking the time during exams to confirm GAGGs support of the Gathering of Savages.

Keep it Savage,
Dennis
Iron Guardian
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So right now it looks like either Millennium in Rochester or SUNY Geneseo on a Saturday afternoon through evening (?) in April. Though Rochester is obviously closer for me, I am familiar with Geneseo as I go through there every so often due to relatives living not too far from there.

As for Savage Worlds, I pretty much have everything for it except the PDF toolkits (which I hope to get eventually though I prefer hardcopy) and Lowlife which really isn't my cup of tea. I did get the hardcopies of Necropolis and the Modern Combat rules set this past summer at Origins.

Barring anything unforeseen, I could make it to either locale. Savage Jack
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE HAVE A DATE AND LOCATION!!!

Please give a HUGE thank you to rudedd for doing a ton of legwork for us. He's been in touch with the leadership of GAGG, the Geneseo Area Gaming Group, and we are now set up to go.

Date: April 19, 2008
Location: SUNY Geneseo Student Union (More specific details to come)

The yahoo group is still going strong, so post here and there and if you're interested in attending, and what you'd like to do. Even if you just wanna come and play in a game or two, that's awesome, post away. If you're interested in running something, give any info you have on it. We will be working out a schedule once we have more details.

Oh, and also try and give an idea of the earliest and latest you'd like the event to run. We'll be able to better build a schedule with that.
TatteredKing
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did this go? Did you get a big turnout? I'm in Rochester and just ran across this post.

btw, hey rudedd, hows it going?
Iron Guardian
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it had a fairly good turnout from what I remember, not really much has happened since then with this group. Seems to have "died"off in the last couple of years. Howvever, Geneseo's Running GAGG convention in January gets a fairly big turnout for Savage Worlds players and events. I finally attended and ran some Savage Worlds events last January, and did get players in spite of not being well known there and scheduling glitches. #gunbattle Hope to be able to do the same next time, without the glitches. Smile
In comparison, Savage Worlds doesn't seem as popular up here in the ROC, I think Boldo's still carries a lot of Savage Worlds stuff which sell well at Cons outside the ROC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Players Seeking Players All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: