Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deadlands: Hell On Earth - Opinions and What I Need To Buy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Deadlands HOE a good roleplay setting?
Hell Yes!
89%
 89%  [ 26 ]
Hell No!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Hell Maybe...not to sure, let me think!
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 29

Mort
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

farmergiles wrote:
Not only that, but 20 for the core rule book? 15+ for a sourcebook? No way man!

Hmmm. Sure, E30 is fairly reasonable by Irish standards man. Count yourself lucky
farmergiles
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still haven't had much luck. Waiting for a local supplier and some Ebay sellers to get back to me, but they taking so long and I wanna start ordering soon! Why can't people sell for reasonable prices eh?
Wendigo1870
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Hey, some brave (but foolish) soul voted 'Hell no!' Surprised )

I recently noticed I'm only missing one book, City o' Sin. Am I missing out on a lot?

Somehow getting hold of the right books goes smoothly here (in Belgium). I'd think it would actually be harder, but then I notice all these posts about the LFGS not having/getting/being able to order/ ... certain books.
Is there some kind of explanation for that?

(Also, would City o' Sin still be available in book-form somewhere? I'd like to have a complete collection! I'll check on E-Bay!)
Mort
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendigo1870 wrote:
I recently noticed I'm only missing one book, City o' Sin. Am I missing out on a lot?

Not hugely, some minor metaplot, some location expo & a few new types of mutant strain (Furries, pretty much).

Nothing you couldn't live without tbh.
farmergiles
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its so easy to get hold of books in Belgium, perhaps you can put me in touch with some Belgium suppliers? I got a few potential possibilities for the core material + some location books on Ebay, as well as some archetype sourcebooks in the future, but still not brilliant and its time-wasting to wait for auctions to finish.
Borthcollective
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendigo1870 wrote:
(Also, would City o' Sin still be available in book-form somewhere? I'd like to have a complete collection! I'll check on E-Bay!)

You can order it from the GWG/PEG store.http://www.smithandrobards.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_24&products_id=229
Wendigo1870
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

farmergiles wrote:
If its so easy to get hold of books in Belgium, perhaps you can put me in touch with some Belgium suppliers? I got a few potential possibilities for the core material + some location books on Ebay, as well as some archetype sourcebooks in the future, but still not brilliant and its time-wasting to wait for auctions to finish.

I'll check it out with some of friends. I don't usually do the ordering - my style is to walk in the shop and look/hope for a suitable book. This always worked with me.

Anyway, I'll check. Cool
farmergiles
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can order it from the GWG/PEG store.http://www.smithandrobards.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_24&products_id=229[/quote]

However, if you live outside the US, you will be swamped with a rediculous delivery charge. They wanna charge me 30+ dollars to ship 2 paperback sourcebooks (for e.g. Brainburners and Last Crusade). Come on!!
Tank
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to roll it back a second...

Shattered Coast - Librarians. "I'm Batman..."
Denver - Robo-Hunters (Steel Knights)
City o' Sin - X-Man like super mutant edges & hindrances.
Iron Oasis - Sky Pirates & Scrappers (Living Cyborgs as opposed to the dead type)
Cyborgs - New Harrowed powers & general harrowed rules.
Waste Warriors - Also includes the Kung-Fu magic which Sykers are good with too...

You can also still use Fire & Brimstone, Hucksters & Hexes/Hexarcana, Ghost Dancers, & Book o' the Dead with the HoE setting. The world isn't much for nature spirits these days, so you don't see many of those guys. Same scenario for the preachers, and Hucksters have a hard time winnin' their battles with the manitous, but they are all still available to play in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: