Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Area of effect and raises on the to-hit roll?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Tavares
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Area of effect and raises on the to-hit roll? Reply with quote

In the recent podcast, your number one answer was:

No, you don't get an extra 1d6 damage on the to-hit roll with an area effect weapon, Shane.

Besides being funny, is this actually in the rulebook somewhere, or is it errata? Everywhere that I've seen that talks about damage, there's the "and on a raise on the to-hit you get an extra 1d6 damage" but nowhere is there an exception that I can find for area effect attacks.

I can see this ruling making sense, but I can't see how I missed it.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Area of effect and raises on the to-hit roll? Reply with quote

Chris Tavares wrote:
In the recent podcast, your number one answer was:

No, you don't get an extra 1d6 damage on the to-hit roll with an area effect weapon, Shane.

Besides being funny, is this actually in the rulebook somewhere, or is it errata? Everywhere that I've seen that talks about damage, there's the "and on a raise on the to-hit you get an extra 1d6 damage" but nowhere is there an exception that I can find for area effect attacks.

I can see this ruling making sense, but I can't see how I missed it.

One of the reasons I used that one is because it is the "hidden rule." It's under the description of blast in the powers section instead of under the rules for Area Effect attacks in general.

See, it comes from putting the Test Drive rules out there. There was no Area Effect section in the Test Drive Rules, but the blast power was in it, and we wanted to make sure anyone using the power knew that's how AE attacks worked. So it got described there.

Unfortunately, we missed putting it under AE going back to the main rules. Embarassed

But the rule is in the book... somewhere. Wink

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: