Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aim and Suppressive Fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Aim and Suppressive Fire Reply with quote

Can you Aim at an area, then use Suppressive Fire on that area?

(I'd be temped to say yes, but the Marksmen edge can't be used, but that's just me)

As it is, with the -2 for autofire, it's pretty hard to suppress at longer ranges, esp since a miss isn't a "scatter"
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Aim and Suppressive Fire Reply with quote

ogbendog wrote:
Can you Aim at an area, then use Suppressive Fire on that area?

(I'd be temped to say yes, but the Marksmen edge can't be used, but that's just me)

As it is, with the -2 for autofire, it's pretty hard to suppress at longer ranges, esp since a miss isn't a "scatter"

I'd say yes. Suppresive Fire uses Shooting, and Aim says the character gets a +2 to Shooting at whatever he aimed at. Nothing says he couldn't aim at an area.

Marksman though obviously couldn't be used since it specifically says it can never be used with a ROF greater than 1, and even though it is only one roll, Suppresive Fire can hit multiple targets.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: