Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"In Combat" Use of Heal Skill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talon One
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: "In Combat" Use of Heal Skill Reply with quote

So I read the thread on the way to heal (the one you/ Mr. Black have later referred other questions to) and have one thing that remains to be asked in order to have the use of the heal skill clarified for our group.

It seems like the only use of the heal skill in under the 10 minute requirement (i.e., most often after the battle is over) would be to stabalize the characters who are either moratlly wounded or bleeeding out. Is this correct?

In a non-magic using genre (like the usual grunts played in World of Darkness/Vietnam) this would mean that once characters were Incapacitated, they cannot actually return to combat until the "medic" can administer 10 minutes worth of a healing skill, correct? It seems the best they can hope for is to be helped to a more stable, yet Incapacitated condition.

Two more questions:

First: Though it doesn't specifically state it, Bruised and Battered is technically still an Incapaciated condition, correct? (Just a lessened one where the character can rise up to a Shaken condition.)

Second: Can the Heal Skill be used to assist a Bruised and Battered character in achieving Shaken Status. It does not specifically say so, so assume not, but I know some poor sap of a character will wonder why a buddy medic can help in all other results of that table except that one!

Thanks in advance for your continued help. I hope these questions will become less frequent!
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: "In Combat" Use of Heal Skill Reply with quote

Talon One wrote:
It seems like the only use of the heal skill in under the 10 minute requirement (i.e., most often after the battle is over) would be to stabalize the characters who are either moratlly wounded or bleeeding out. Is this correct?

Yep, that's right.

Talon One wrote:
In a non-magic using genre (like the usual grunts played in World of Darkness/Vietnam) this would mean that once characters were Incapacitated, they cannot actually return to combat until the "medic" can administer 10 minutes worth of a healing skill, correct? It seems the best they can hope for is to be helped to a more stable, yet Incapacitated condition.

Yes, once Incapacitated, the character is pretty much effectively out of combat unless some form of supernatural healing is possible.

Talon One wrote:
First: Though it doesn't specifically state it, Bruised and Battered is technically still an Incapaciated condition, correct? (Just a lessened one where the character can rise up to a Shaken condition.)

Yep, the character is still Incapacitated; they just have the potential to recover from it on their own. But until they do so, they are still considered fully Incapacitated.

Talon One wrote:
Second: Can the Heal Skill be used to assist a Bruised and Battered character in achieving Shaken Status. It does not specifically say so, so assume not, but I know some poor sap of a character will wonder why a buddy medic can help in all other results of that table except that one!

Well, healing can't help on all other results. It only makes a difference once the character goes past the 2 Wound result. And in those cases, it's not helping the character get better, but preventing him from getting worse, so it's a bit of a different thing.

But to get back to the question, the key is the roll is based on Spirit; it's a function of the character having the will to get back in the game so to speak, so Healing isn't as much of a factor.

That said, if a GM felt that Healing could be used to help the character, he could allow a roll to be made. However, instead of substituting for the Spirit roll, I'd recommend it work as a Cooperative Roll to the Spirit roll of the hurt character. That leaves it a function of Spirit with Healing just helping out.

Hope this helps.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: