Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Incapacitated don't Parry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talon One
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Incapacitated don't Parry Reply with quote

OK, so I read on the main thread that the Incapacitated cannot Parry and thus are subject to Finishing Moves. Makes sense (thouygh potentially deadly if this is a Player's Character!). On the same thread though, the comment was made that if the character was bruised and battered and subsequently made his Spirit Roll to become Shaken instead, he would still be left without Parry. Did I read this wrong?

I copy/pasted the relevent quote as I do not know how to get it in that boxed format when it is in a different thread! (Sorry for my ignorance in all things computer related). Quotes at the start and finish are mine.

Leitchy wrote:
"Hmmm...actually, I think I just confirmed what Grendel was saying. In the period before the hero makes that first Spirit roll, they have "had the wind knocked out of them". They must, in fact, be worse off than Shaken, since they need to succeed with a Spirit check to actually become Shaken. I guess this means, at least until they succeed with that "beginning-of-the-round" Spirit roll, they must be Incapacitated."

Clint Black wrote:
"Yep, that's right. In fact, I just mentioned this in another thread where someone asked if being Incapacitated affected your Parry. In essence, the character doesn't have one as they can be killed with a Finishing Move, and yeah, that applies to characters on Battered and Bruised who have made their roll to become Shaken."

"Hope this clears things up."

Thnaks for the clarification in advance.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Incapacitated don't Parry Reply with quote

Talon One wrote:
OK, so I read on the main thread that the Incapacitated cannot Parry and thus are subject to Finishing Moves. Makes sense (thouygh potentially deadly if this is a Player's Character!). On the same thread though, the comment was made that if the character was bruised and battered and subsequently made his Spirit Roll to become Shaken instead, he would still be left without Parry. Did I read this wrong?

Yikes! No, you did not read it wrong; I wrote it wrong.

It should have said that this applies to characters on Battered and Bruised who have not made their roll to become Shaken.

I apologize for that, and I have edited the relevant post.

Being Shaken has no effect on a character's Parry.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: