Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DGP] TRES Online/Dead Tree Comic and/or Graphic Novel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be interested in the following? Pick the one that appeals to you the most.
An online comic based on TRES
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
A dead tree comic based on TRES
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
A dead tree graphic novel based on TRES
57%
 57%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 19

jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: [DGP] TRES Online/Dead Tree Comic and/or Graphic Novel Reply with quote

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=127058#127058

How many would be interested in such a thing?

Assume that such a thing would cost something, but be reasonably priced. Also assume that you'd be willing to pay said reasonable proce.

In other words, if you'd only choose an option if it were free, don't bother voting -- even though we aren't ruling anything out at this point. Wink

EDIT: BTW, if possible, we'd try to make the release either a multi-issue limited edition or an ongoing series... Wink
Lord Inar
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at Modern Tales and its associated sites for a model in which the creator gets paid, but viewing is still free

http://www.moderntales.com

- Marc
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be all over any of the options, though I voted for the OL comic. With my cash bein spent on DL:R, as well as the eminent releases of both the Pirates of the Spanish Main RPG and SLipstream, my liquid assets will be dwindling.

And good luck with this deal, and anything else you got comin for TRES! I can't wait to see that savage pulpy goodness. Savage Jack
MadTinkerer
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to wean myself off of comics, only buying really special ones like the new TRON comic or Truth, Justin, and The American Way. But then I find Infinite Crisis and Civil War too tempting to ignore... But nevertheless I've been reducing the amount of comics I get more and more each month. I simply don't have the time to organise them or the storage space anymore. By this time next year I'll almost certainly be a Graphic Novel/compilation-only comic book fan. And CDs too. Those recent 30 Years of X CD sets released by Marvel have been a Godsend...

Anyway, my point is, I really prefer book-sized stuff to comic-sized. Civil War is probably the last super-crossover I'll be buying and I'm only participating in it now as opposed to waiting for the GN to come out because I'm still getting Spiderman, Avengers and F4 comics (which are all going to be greatly affected by the Civil War storyline). Books are much easier to organise and you can't lose just one chapter of a book. Wink

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Slampyak (the guy that does the Jazz Age online comic and Little Orphan Annie) has expressed an interest in doing either a limited run of TRES comics or a graphic novel. Unfortunately, it won't be for awhile due to his current schedule. You can be sure that he has an open invitation though... Wink
jblittlefield
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jblittlefield wrote:
Ted Slampyak (the guy that does the Jazz Age online comic and Little Orphan Annie) has expressed an interest in doing either a limited run of TRES comics or a graphic novel. Unfortunately, it won't be for awhile due to his current schedule. You can be sure that he has an open invitation though... Wink

He's also mentioned the possibility of a TRES-Jazz Age crossover... Wink
charliebananas
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On-line comics don't work for me, they just don't feel right, but I would buy a graphic novel!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: