Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Umm...you closed the post but not everything was answered.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damaramu
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:11 am    Post subject: Umm...you closed the post but not everything was answered. Reply with quote

Ok well I went and checked RPGMall.com and the Lost Colony Companion was not on there. Is there anywhere else where it may be?
If it is not on RPGMall and Shane NEVER puts it up on S&R, and my local gameshop never orders it then how exactly am I supposed to acquire the book Shane?
That'd be kind of crappy if there was no way for me to get this.
Mort
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude don't worry about it. Your local shop sounds like it's pretty into deadlands- from your earlier posts anyway.

Just find 2 other people who want it and ask your gameshop to order it in for you.
Balance
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're working on it. Shane does have a lot on his plate, and much of PEG is still a one man show, I believe.
Truckee Games
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEG = Shane. Shane = PEG. PEG = 1 Person.

He's working hard for all of us. You saw how he responded to the Deadlands thing. Be patient, he won't let you down.
Balance
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think Mrs. Hensley does help a bit still... She used to do the shipping for the store and such, but Shane's made some deals to get here free from that job.

Still, as I said, most all of it's a one man show.
Truckee Games
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balance wrote:
Well, I think Mrs. Hensley does help a bit still... She used to do the shipping for the store and such, but Shane's made some deals to get here free from that job.

Still, as I said, most all of it's a one man show.

Well, I have reasonably good word from Shane that he is a one man army at PEG now.
Damaramu
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno...yes my local Gameshop is into Deadlands but they won't order it if it won't sell....hmmm.....I sure hope he does come through....this is one book I don't want to miss.....
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gut feeling is that since Shane had the request for LCC from retailers, he is doing what he does best... be loyal.

He's going to provide those retailers with their books, and put it up for sale on RPGMall a week or so after it ships to them. That way it is on their shelves before the person can buy it over the internet.

Personally, I'm behind this 100%. Any retailer who is willing to give shelf space to an rpg product that isn't d20 deserves all the support we can give.

www.peginc.com
Damaramu
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but how long has it been since the book was made and announced? Shouldn't it have already shipped?
You'll have to forgive me for all these questions but I'm just kind of worried. You have to understand how bad I want this paticular product. I mean it finishes Deadlands!
Nilus
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damaramu wrote:
Yeah but how long has it been since the book was made and announced? Shouldn't it have already shipped?
You'll have to forgive me for all these questions but I'm just kind of worried. You have to understand how bad I want this paticular product. I mean it finishes Deadlands!

Take a deep breath and relax

You have to remember that the Con season is just finally ending and Shane is busy getting a lot of products out. The book will be avaible soon to everyone I'm sure. Rest assured it does exist, people at Gencon bought it. You'll have it soon enough, be patient grasshoper Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wraith
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, iI live right next to the PEG fulfillment warehouse, and Shane's gettin' a shipment for S&R.....that means that I can actually WALK IN and BUY A COPY! MWAHAHAHA! I could even buy all the copies there were!

Assuming I had any money. Damnit.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damaramu wrote:

It was only in last Tuesday's update that Shane said he was making it directly available to retailers and set things up for them to order it. So he has to get his orders, send them to his printer, the books then have to be printed (it is still Print on Demand), and then they will be shipped.

My guess, two more weeks before they start hitting any shelves. And that's very much a guess; there are a lot of random factors involved.

www.peginc.com
Damaramu
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I spoke to my local game shop....they said they would order it...if they could order just one for me. But they weren't going to order 3.
So I have to get it off the net.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: