Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All Rules Questions for the Sci-Fi Toolkit Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

da Wookiee wrote:
Would I be correct in assuming that the laser pistols in the SWR are considered to be T1 tech level weapons?

Yup. TI 1+ should cover it, Wookie.

Wiggy
wmarshal
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Cyberspace - Group Exploration Question Reply with quote

In this section of the Gear SFTK it states:

"Only two basic rules apply to group adventures. First, ...."--yadda yadda yadda. There is no following sentence starting "Second,"

I was expecting a second rule governing group adventures in cyberspace, but there is none. Is there indeed a second rule that is missing, or did there use to be a second rule that was dropped in the edits, but the text not quite cleaned up?
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cyberspace - Group Exploration Question Reply with quote

wmarshal wrote:
In this section of the Gear SFTK it states:

"Only two basic rules apply to group adventures. First, ...."--yadda yadda yadda. There is no following sentence starting "Second,"

I was expecting a second rule governing group adventures in cyberspace, but there is none. Is there indeed a second rule that is missing, or did there use to be a second rule that was dropped in the edits, but the text not quite cleaned up?

I think I just forgot to write it. I've checked the original text and that paragraph reads the same as the PDF.

I suspect I was going to say "to increase the ICE reponse based on the size of the group. The more intruders which are detected, the more ICE is sent to deal with them."

Wiggy
Bill
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or "Second, the GM makes life miserable for the players because he can."
siefertma
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the new gear toolkit to come up with a robot space fighter. How would you merge the robot and spaceship construction rules to get the right effect?

Visit No School Like The Old School: http://noschoololdschoolgames.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siefertma wrote:
I'm using the new gear toolkit to come up with a robot space fighter. How would you merge the robot and spaceship construction rules to get the right effect?

The two systems (starships and robots) weren't designed to work together to produce a starship-sized robot. I wouldn't even bother trying to mesh the systems. Just use what you feel is right and go with that.

Here's two ideas you can run with though.

For a robot piloted one, just slap in a robot crew and it's done. For self-controlled-no-human-crew ship, just give it a Piloting and Shooting die and no Crew. If you want, have the robot brain and controls take up 1 space per Size category of the craft.

Wiggy
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Since I started this thread by splitting a post from another topic, I didn't put in the appropriate info as with the other Rules Questions threads. I apologize for that, and will rectify the situation right now.

This thread is for questions related to clarifying or explaining the rules within the Sci-Fi Toolkit series.

Questions about production should go in Hey Pinnacle! And questions about use of the Toolkit or variations of the rules should be in their own topic for open discussion.

Thanks!

www.peginc.com
McBane
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, think this question would go here...

how tall are the mechs? it says large, huge and gigantic compared to a human trooper, but what are the sizes for that? guess I couldnt find it in the main SW book. like 2X, 3X and 4X human size for lt, md and hvy?

and power armor has hands free right? I guess I didnt see it in that section that said they could use normal guns or swords besidess what is mounded, just got it the other day and havnt digested all the SFGTK, so maybe I just missed it..

Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can field this. Wiggy can correct any mistake I may make.

McBane wrote:
how tall are the mechs? it says large, huge and gigantic compared to a human trooper, but what are the sizes for that? guess I couldnt find it in the main SW book. like 2X, 3X and 4X human size for lt, md and hvy?

Large, Huge, and Gargantuan are listed under Montrous Abilities in the core rulebook.

A Large character can be anything from Size 4 to Size 7. Huge would be Size 8, and Gargantuan is Size 9+.

The Size chart under Monstrous Abilities can give you an idea of how large the mechs would be in general.

McBane wrote:
and power armor has hands free right? I guess I didnt see it in that section that said they could use normal guns or swords besidess what is mounded, just got it the other day and havnt digested all the SFGTK, so maybe I just missed it.

It's the first bit under Weapons, "As well as carrying conventional weapons..."

Hope this helps.

www.peginc.com
Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggy any chance of getting the Notes section on the Power Armour that is missing? If we could also get the additional stuff that would be great too.

Just reading the WorldBuilder at the moment, I must say I even more impressed then before! It's the little things like the wages charts and travel that make this book a real gem.

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood wrote:
Wiggy any chance of getting the Notes section on the Power Armour that is missing? If we could also get the additional stuff that would be great too.

Just reading the WorldBuilder at the moment, I must say I even more impressed then before! It's the little things like the wages charts and travel that make this book a real gem.

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood

I'll cut and paste the missing lines here, but the PDF should be ready in a week or two - missing power armor and mechs.

"Notes: Flechette Pack, Weapon Mount (flamethrower), Weapon Mount (grenade launcher)."

Edit: By "missing," I mean "cut due to formatting restrictions," not "left out on purpose."

Wiggy

Last edited by Wiggy on Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord Abaddon of Wormwood
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Thankyou - not my book is complete... untill the pdf. Very Happy

Lord Abadon of Wormwood
C.A.Pryde
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there material missing from the World Builder? I was thinking about purchasing it, but if a corrected pdf is coming out in a few weeks, I can just wait until it is ready.
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C.A.Pryde wrote:
Is there material missing from the World Builder? I was thinking about purchasing it, but if a corrected pdf is coming out in a few weeks, I can just wait until it is ready.

No, there's nothing missing and there's no corrected version due.

With the Gear Toolkit, when Simon laid it out and put in all the proper header fonts and art boxes some examples had to be cut due to space. No rules were cut - just extra examples. That's what we're releasing as a freebie - things that got cut purely due to layout restrictions.

Wiggy
Dahak
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Psi-Knights and Heroic hindrance Reply with quote

Quote:
Because psi knights are dedicated to protecting the
weak, they have the Heroic Hindrance.

Do you still get the bonus edge/skill point/whatever for taking the Heroic hindrance when you have the Psi-Knight edge?
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Psi-Knights and Heroic hindrance Reply with quote

Dahak wrote:
Quote:
Because psi knights are dedicated to protecting the
weak, they have the Heroic Hindrance.

Do you still get the bonus edge/skill point/whatever for taking the Heroic hindrance when you have the Psi-Knight edge?

Nope. The benefits they get are pretty hefty for taking the Edge.

Wiggy
drnuncheon
Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggy,

Any suggestions/guidelines for how many spaces vehicles and mechs (Or other Large, Huge, or Gargantuan things, for that matter) take up in a starship?

J
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drnuncheon wrote:
Wiggy,

Any suggestions/guidelines for how many spaces vehicles and mechs (Or other Large, Huge, or Gargantuan things, for that matter) take up in a starship?

J

I'd go for 2 spaces (regardless of vehicle size), same as for carrying a fighter. That covers not just the vehicle itself but maneuvering room, lifts between hangars and drop bays/shuttle bays, repair areas, crew quarters, and so on.

Wiggy
Praxx
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Clint/Wiggy Sombody help me...Grubman!!! Reply with quote

Embarassed
O.K. So maybe it’s not that bad, but shoosh my guys really...
NO REALLY torqued the free adventure authored by Grubman The Terra Aerial.
By the end of the night the only thing accomplished was the mechanic was able to take over the blockade runner and let the survivors on the ship. After that they powered up the weapons and proceeded to shoot everybody. Colonists you name it they had had it with planet 100268-2!
They then proceeded to hit FTL and are not looking back.
So much for being heroes in the Firefly type Campaign.
^
On to my questions for Sci-Fi Toolkits.
How do I justify the cost for ship weaponry on page 36 in the Gear toolkit?
Come on missiles and torpedoes costing 1M and 2M apiece! How do I make it seem more realistic? I mean I don’t want them to cost 50 bucks but I don't want them a million apiece. Could someone offer me a better economic alternative?
^
Next question, In wiggy's Tales of the Forlorn Hope the chapter/section labeled Space Battle (p.3) Says that the Fighters (fast movers) 200 acceleration will be in contact with the Gamma - class Merchantman 40 acceleration for 10 rounds. The pilot proceeded to perform the Maneuver (Flee) Page 103 of the rule book. Needles to say he defeated the pilots handedly and got away in three rounds? I could not get my head around a larger slower craft "Fleeing" two fast attack craft. Can somebody help me with this? I do know that their is no friction in space and you can have constant, relative to mass acceleration.
Screw it I just closed my eyes and said FFF “you get away". Very anti-climatic but what the hell Rolling Eyes
Wiggy
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: Clint/Wiggy Sombody help me...Grubman!!! Reply with quote

Praxx wrote:
:On to my questions for Sci-Fi Toolkits.
How do I justify the cost for ship weaponry on page 36 in the Gear toolkit?
Come on missiles and torpedoes costing 1M and 2M apiece! How do I make it seem more realistic? I mean I don’t want them to cost 50 bucks but I don't want them a million apiece. Could someone offer me a better economic alternative?

Modern Cruise missiles have a cost of around $1M. $50K, $100K, or $250K are easy alternatives.

Quote:

Next question, In wiggy's Tales of the Forlorn Hope the chapter/section labeled Space Battle (p.3) Says that the Fighters (fast movers) 200 acceleration will be in contact with the Gamma - class Merchantman 40 acceleration for 10 rounds. The pilot proceeded to perform the Maneuver (Flee) Page 103 of the rule book. Needles to say he defeated the pilots handedly and got away in three rounds? I could not get my head around a larger slower craft "Fleeing" two fast attack craft. Can somebody help me with this? I do know that their is no friction in space and you can have constant, relative to mass acceleration.
Screw it I just closed my eyes and said FFF “you get away". Very anti-climatic but what the hell Rolling Eyes

TotFH is semi-hard sci-fi, much like Traveller. Spaceships simply don't turn sharply in space. The fighters misjudge it, overshoot, and by the time they slow down and come back the freighter is somewhere else in the void they weren't expecting.

Wiggy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: